- An examination of NFL 2018 EPA among QBs, RBs, and WRs in correlation with yearly-based salary. The paper proposes to answer whether or not certain positions, or specific players, were overpaid based on ‘expected points added’ per play.
- A historical examination (dating back to 2009) of the trend towards pass-heavy offenses in the NFL, specifically exploring the acceptance the ‘Air Yards’ as the go-to analytical message for measuring the success of NFL WRs.
- An examination, dating back to 2009 season, of the EPA and Success Rate of all rookie QBs with a minimum of 100 attempts through the season. The paper will explore modern football’s desire to start rookie QBs immediately (ie. Daniel Jones), rather than the “sit and learn” approach (ie. Rodgers and Farve).
- “In Defense of a Neoliberal America: Ronald Reagan, Domestic Policy, and the Soviet Bloc Boycott of the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games,” in Defending The American Way of Life: Sport, Politics, and the Cold War, edited by Kevin Witherspoon and Toby Rider (Fayetteville, Arkansas: University of Arkansas Press).
- “A Five-Ringed Coup D’etat: Ronald Reagan and the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Summer Games,” in Donnie Pei, ed., The Master Collection of Olympic Papers (Beijing, China: Beijing Sports University Press).
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- “The Only Dream Out There: Anchorage, Alaska and the Bidding for the 1992 Olympic Winter Games,” Olympika: The International Journal of Olympic Studies XXIV (2015), 137-155.
- “An Odyssey: The City of Los Angeles and the Olympic Movement, 1932-1984,” Southern California Quarterly 97(2), 177-211.
- “A Brief Analysis of the Reagan Administration and the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games,” Journal of Olympic History 22(1), 90-99.
- “Playing in Paha Sapa: The Recreational Culture of the Black Hills Gold Rush,” Journal of the West 51(3), 57-70.